Monday, May 12, 2008

Good afternoon


Mother's Day turned out to be a pretty nice day, even though we had rain and more rain. Our one daughter had us all come to her house for dinner, (lunchtime)we had some delicious food. I didn't have to make or take anything along. Had grilled chicken and hot dogs, macaroni and cheese casserole, baked beans, grilled peppers, black olives, cherry tomatoes and some other vegetables mixed in, chocolate cake and ice cream.

I received several phone calles wishing me a Happy Mother's Day, I also received a hanging basket of flowers, some really pretty dish towels, 2 boxes of candy, and three packages of chocolate candies. Plus six Mother's Day cards. It was very nice not having to have the table all set and ready plus having to put everything back into place after everyone left for the day. It was nice just going and setting down to eat and someone else cleaning up afterwards. LOL

My Mother wouldn't go along, she thought she should stay home. Becky and I took her out to lunch on Friday and spent the afternoon with her and that's when I gave her gift to her.

We had to go to doctor for Abe today to get his sleep and breathing test results. The doctor said he wants to see him in six months. He also wants him to start sleeping with some oxygen at night, to help him breath better while sleeping.

Now I'm off to the post-office, have to mail out our reunion reminders, our Custer Reunion is always the first Sunday in June and somehow, I got the job of mailing out the reminders a long time ago and I still have the job. LOL

Hope all the Mother's had a terrific day. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.


5 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

That's great that you had such a great day it sounds like. Happy (late) Mother's Day. We didn't do anything over here at all, but just enjoyed each other's company. :)

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Patty,

Your Mother's Day sounds like it was wonderful. I had a very nice one as well. My son who lives the closest to me, took us out to dinner, later my daughter called and then my older son. I received lots of gifts as well, including a hanging basket of pretty impatients! I also had a corsage. It was a beautiful sunny day, but extremely windy. Not a good hair day! Good thing I don't wear hats, they would have blown clear to Oz!

Well, I just watched Dancing with the Stars, now off to bed. Have a good night!

Renie

Wanda said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice Mother's Day ~~ It was so nice to be with our children too.

You lunch sounds so yummy!! My hubby has been asking for macaroni and cheese...guess I better get busy and make it.

Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ I am so glad you had such a nice Mother's Day and enjoyed it so much. I hope Abe gets on OK
with the oxygen at night, but good he doesn't have to go back for six months. Thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed the jokes. I agree we would all have said "I'm Fine" to
that Patrolman. Take care, my dear friend, Love, Merle.

Mississippi Songbird said...

So glad you had a nice Mother's Day! Bunches of hugs....