Thursday, May 01, 2008

What I've been up to

Busy, busy, busy

Yesterday (Wed.) spent from 3:15 till 5:15 waiting to see Abe's lung doctor as a follow up from the hospital stay and getting out of the place. Left home at 3, got back home at almost 6pm.

Then this morning he had a follow up with the family doctor, but that went pretty well, didn't have to wait too long and was home by 10:15am.

My Mother decided to drive to our town to visit the daughter that had surgery three weeks ago. Now I really worry when Mom drives, she's 85, and not to sure sometimes. So after talking on the phone with them, I said why don't you just come over here for lunch. We had some left overs warmed up, plus I fried up a pan of potatoes, made some small salads for each of us, and cooked some corn to go along with the other items. Our daughter had made a pan of brownies and my Mother had brought along some angel food cake she had made. Our daughter drove my Mom's car over here, this is the first the daughter was allowed to drive since her surgery.

Mom left from here, and I told her I would give her an hour to get home, then I would call her. I called, she said she had been home for almot a half hour, so that lady must have had a heavy foot going home. She did take the back roads on her way home. She came down 49 to get here, but since she came into town a different way, she wasn't sure if she knew how to get to my house. You see, Dad always drove. And when my Mother came she always came the back way into town and knew just where to turn. But Brookville is a very small town, she just doesn't know her way around this town. But so she would know just how to get to the daughter's she came in the other way, since the daughter lives on that street.

Daughter and her dog came back over for the evening. Her partner is meeting with her cancer group of women and this is the night they all take some kind of a new dish to share. So daughter ate here with us, I will run her home later.

Tomorrow morning Abe goes to see the skin doctor to have him recheck the spots on his ears and neck. Lung doctor wants Abe to do a sleep study thing, and that will be Monday evening, Then on Wed. he'll be seeing the urologist again, and Friday back to the lung doctor's office for a breathing test and then the following Monday back to the lung doctor to get the results from the sleep study and breathing test. I'm hoping this will just about take care of things. The last two weeks we've been to some doctor's office at least three times in one week. That makes for a long day. Tomorrow if it doesn't rain, it will be time to mow again. no rest for the wicked. LOL

Everyone have a pleasant evening and sleep well.


Renie Burghardt said...

Wow, you have been busy!

My son came tonight, and is hoping to cut some grass tomorrow, but rain is in the forecast! If it does rain, he'll take me to Walmart, which is 50 miles away.

Your mom is a spunky lady.

Have a good night, Patty!


reader Wil said...

I admire your mom to drive like that. You know that I cannot drive at all, and my country thanks me for that for now the roads are a lot safer! LOL.

Wanda said...

Hi Patty ~~ Talk about BUSY!! My, My, I was tired just reading your busy day.

I think I'm finally in a spot where I can visit all my dear blog friends daily.

Love and Hugs

Paz said...

Busy, busy indeed. Have a good weekend.


Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ What a lot of Doctor visits and I do hope they all have good results for you and for Abe.
Thank you for your visit, and I am
glad that you likrd the jokes etc.
I hope you are doing well. lots of worries at your place at present.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Take care, Love, Merle.