Saturday, August 09, 2008

Trivia Time

Some interesting trivia!

The largest cell in the human body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.

A full bladder is roughly the size of a soft ball.

It takes the food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

One human hair can support 3 kg (6 lb).

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.

The average man's penis is three times the length of his thumb.

A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.

If the average male never shaved, his beard would be 13 feet long when he died.

Men with hairless chests are more likel y to get cirrhosis of the liver than men with hair.

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.

Side by side, 2000 cells from the human body could cover about one square inch.

Women blink twice as often as men

The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.

When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate.

Your ears secrete more earwax when you are afraid than when you aren't.

Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.

If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

The average woman is five inches shorter than the average man.

Scroll down to the bottom please .......











Guys - Still looking at your thumb, aren't you ?

10 comments:

Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ It is nice to be back on the air again after two days off.
Thanks for your comments and I was relieved to know the three small Kidney stones had not grown. I am glad you had time with your Mother, and then got your lawns mowed. I hope the allergies are not too bad.
I enjoyed your list of interesting facts. Some are quite amazing. Take care, dear Patty, Love, Merle.

Mental P Mama said...

Love it!

Kitty said...

haha, cute!
I never knew that about the thumb. I bet there's a cover-up going on by the short-thumbed fellas, lol.

Carl H. Sr. said...

Well you sure got me with that one Patty. Pretty funny,and I needed a laugh like that. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Where did I put my thumb?

Wanda said...

Oh funny, fuuny, especially your last line.....((smile))

It was very hot at the Watermelon Festival ~~ after a few pictures for the blog, I was ready to come home and cool off with a glass of ice tea.

LOL:Wanda

Pat - Arkansas said...

Funny trivia, Mrs. L!

Thanks for your visit and nice comment about my post re: My Mother. I appreciate it. I visit your and all of Mr. L's blogs daily, but rarely leave comments.

Each of your posts is enjoyed very much.

Gigi Ann said...

That was fun...Trivia is one of the fun things I enjoy. Just look at all the unnecessary stuff we just learned;))

Renie Burghardt said...

Interesting, stuff, Patty! Funny, to boot! LOL.

My younger son was here yesterday and today, and we spent most of our time at the cabin on the river. So I've been kind of out of circulation. But we took advantage of the beautiful weather.

Reading Merle's blog, I'm sorry your allergies have been acting up. Hope you're feeling better. Have a good night!

Renie

PS. Got to go and soak my feet in Germ X now! LOL.

Nancy said...

Guess all of us gals will be looking at men's thumbs now! I always heard to look for a man with long fingers! LOL Isn't it funny the things that go around! Lots of other interesting things on that list, though.

I'm going to send that one off to my email fiends! I have one old guy who loves things like that...he sent me an email one time which stated to keep the jokes coming cause his Banjo Club loved them. He's in his 90's. Nice that those ole guys can still have some fun with jokes, though. I know he'll love this one!!!

(((((( HUGS ))))))