Sunday, November 30, 2008

They are cutting his oxygen back, it's now gone from 5 to 2 liter for daytime.

Sunday update

Just got back from the hospital, didn't stay all day today. It's rainy and wanted to be home in case it gets so cold it starts to freeze. Also it's starting to get foggy. Plus Abe couldn't be in a better place than where he's at.

Today they have lowered his oxygen to 2 liter, it was at 5 or above during the earlier part of his stay. They are trying to wean him off all together for daytime. He's been sleeping with oxygen since this past Spring when he was in the hospital with pneumonia. At that time they also sent him into a clinic for a sleep study and found he would do better by having some oxygen at night time.

They aren't giving him morphine or anything any longer for his pain. He just called me and he told me what he had for his lunch. I've had lunch with him on three different days, it is pretty bland, the section he's in doesn't use salt or fats in anything. I'll probably have lunch with him tomorrow. I have to drop the granddaughter (8) off at school between 8:45 and 9, then I'll be stopping by to check on the cats at our one daughter that lives here in town. Then on over to the hospital.

They're suppose to remove the chest tube tomorrow. They apparently will monitor him for 24 hours, then if everything is OK, he'll get to come home on Tuesday. Today they are going to take some pictures of that kidney that has been bothering him, there is a stone in it, we've known that for a while, but it acts as though it's moving around. Kidney doctor said it's too large to pass. So they will have to watch it. I told him on Tuesday I wouldn't be able to get there till almost lunch time, I have a mammogram appointment and I don't want to postpone that. Thanks to all that have been inquiring about him. Keep the prayers coming, we appreciate them very much.


Twisted Fencepost said...

Thanks for the update, Patty.
I'm still praying.
I hope all goes well with the picture taking, the weaning and the mammogram!

Winifred said...

Best wishes to you both.

Best of luck with mammogram too. I find they nip!

Take care.

Chica said...

I'm excited that he's progressing so well! Seems like all the good vibes, and well wishes from the bloggy world are taking affect. :D

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Patty,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad things are getting better. It must be tiring for you though, and so stressfull. My thoughts and prayers continue for Abe and for you.

Take good care!



Wanda said...

I check every day to see how Abe and you are doing. Thanks so much for these updates.

I think we will be able to get on line in Las Vegas. We are taking Don's laptop, so I will continue to check on you.

We leave Tuesday...Love and Prayers

Libertine said...

Good to hear that Abe is doing better. Hope he gets to come home on Tuesday on schedule.

Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ Sounds like Abe is on the mend which is terrific. About the kidney stone ~ I have had 3 lots of Lithotripsy to shatter kidney stones and then the pieces can pass.
I had an epidural anethetic and then
they blast them, better than an op ??
I hope you are getting some rest my friend as you will need to be fit when Abe gets home. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Love, Merle.

kcblog said...

Patty aka Old Lady Lincoln, I am sorry to hear Abe has been in the hospital but I am very happy to read he is doing better. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family and closest friends. I look forward to future updates and posts from you Abe and Melinda. Thank you!!!

Nancy said...

Things are looking up and our prayers have helped! Hope you get a good report on your mammogram!

Know you will be happy when Abe comes home tomorrow! My thoughts and prayers continue...

(((((( HUGS ))))))