Just got back from the hospital, didn't stay all day today. It's rainy and wanted to be home in case it gets so cold it starts to freeze. Also it's starting to get foggy. Plus Abe couldn't be in a better place than where he's at.
Today they have lowered his oxygen to 2 liter, it was at 5 or above during the earlier part of his stay. They are trying to wean him off all together for daytime. He's been sleeping with oxygen since this past Spring when he was in the hospital with pneumonia. At that time they also sent him into a clinic for a sleep study and found he would do better by having some oxygen at night time.
They aren't giving him morphine or anything any longer for his pain. He just called me and he told me what he had for his lunch. I've had lunch with him on three different days, it is pretty bland, the section he's in doesn't use salt or fats in anything. I'll probably have lunch with him tomorrow. I have to drop the granddaughter (8) off at school between 8:45 and 9, then I'll be stopping by to check on the cats at our one daughter that lives here in town. Then on over to the hospital.
They're suppose to remove the chest tube tomorrow. They apparently will monitor him for 24 hours, then if everything is OK, he'll get to come home on Tuesday. Today they are going to take some pictures of that kidney that has been bothering him, there is a stone in it, we've known that for a while, but it acts as though it's moving around. Kidney doctor said it's too large to pass. So they will have to watch it. I told him on Tuesday I wouldn't be able to get there till almost lunch time, I have a mammogram appointment and I don't want to postpone that. Thanks to all that have been inquiring about him. Keep the prayers coming, we appreciate them very much.