Wednesday, December 10, 2008

God Is So Good

Praise the Lord

There was a little old lady, who every morning stepped onto her front porch, raised her arms to the sky, and shouted: 'PRAISE THE LORD!'

One day an atheist moved into the house next door.
He became irritated at the little old lady.
Every morning he'd step onto his front porch after her and yell: 'THERE IS NO LORD!'

Time passed with the two of them carrying on this
way every day.

One morning, in the middle of winter, the little old lady stepped onto her front porch and shouted: 'PRAISE THE LORD! Please Lord, I have no food and I am starving, provide for me, oh Lord!

The next morning she stepped out onto her porch and there were two huge bags of groceries sitting there.

'PRAISE THE LORD!' she cried out. 'HE HAS PROVIDED GROCERIES FOR ME!'

The atheist neighbor jumped out of the hedges
and shouted:
'THERE IS NO LORD; I BOUGHT THOSE GROCERIES!!'

The little old lady threw her arms into the air and shouted: 'PRAISE THE LORD! HE HAS PROVIDED ME WITH GROCERIES AND MADE THE DEVIL PAY FOR THEM!'

SMILE AND PASS THIS ON.
(I LOVE IT--- GOD IS SO GOOD)
I received this from an e-mail friend that lives in TN. Wanted to share, I think it's great.

15 comments:

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

Thanks! I can always count on you for my morning laugh. *smiling now*

Anonymous said...

That's what I call a positive attitude!
We should all be so thankful.

mommanator said...

can you hear me laughing and see me smiling! thanks

Anonymous said...

I wondered how this was going to end and it ended the right way. LOL

Betsy Brock said...

Thanks for the morning laughs! :)

Pat - Arkansas said...

Yes, indeedy! "Praise the Lord, for he has done marvelous things."

Reader Wil said...

Ha, ha, ha great story Patty!

Tan said...

Praise the lord!

. . . Lord will make us happy!

Winifred said...

That is a good one.

I must have missed a posting, how is Abe?

Renie Burghardt said...

What a cute story. I will pass it on! Thanks for the chuckle. Have a great night, Patty.

Renie

Queen D said...

hahaha.. Funny..

Shionge said...

What a great fix to my day - praise the Lord :)

Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ You know me too well
and you are right, I NEVER say that word. I am so glad that Abe has got good reports and hope the other test results get good news. I bet you are both glad that he is home again.
Good joke about the atheist and little old lady. Take great care, dear Patty and I hope you get lots
more good sleeps. Take care, Love, Merle.

Unknown said...

ha ha ha this is so funny!

Nancy said...

LOVE IT!!!!

(((((( HUGS ))))))