Saturday, December 13, 2008

NO ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE THIS ONE.

Abe is back in the hospital.

I called 911 last evening around 8:30 or so. He was using his oxygen but he could hardly walk from the chair in the living room to the bathroom which was a pretty short walk. Once he got to the bathroom and did what he had to do, and walked back to his chair, he would just fall into it, having a hard time breathing.

The Home Health nurse earlier yesterday thought a lot of it was like panic, which in turn was making it harder for him to breathe. She suggested I call the family doctor to see if I could get something to help him relax. I did, and gave him 1/2 tablet like the instructions said. He used his inhalers and he said that all seemed to help. But finally the last time he went to the bathroom, he said he just couldn't get up again, it took too much out of him. So I called the Home Health Nurse, that is head over the one that was here yesterday, luckily she lives right outside Brookville, because we all know there is no way under the sun you can reach a doctor after hours. She said call 911, and if that upset him, he could punch her lights out the next time he saw her. LOL His oxygen level was 92 and he was using oxygen.

I stayed here at home, told him I would be over early in the morning. I wish now I would have gone along, but you do just feel like you're in the way when they are trying to work on a patient.

So I called over there around 10pm and they were still working with him. I called again around midnight and talked to the nurse working with him and was informed the x-ray showed a collapsed lung. I said you have to be kidding. This just happened on Nov. 25th. He said he saw where the sutures had been, which the lung doctor removed Monday the 8th. We also had been to the family doctor on the 9th. because he had a cough. Doctor checked the lungs, said they sound clear which was the same thing the lung doctor said on Monday. Assured us that of all the cases he has heard about that had that procedure they did on the I believe the 28th of Nov. called TALC, where they blow in that powdery substances into the lung through the chest tube, he had never heard of one collapsing again. He said he has a lot of sinus drainage and prescribed the Z pack and Mucinex DM for the cough. This made us both feel better. So on Wed. we went back to Sam North, the lung doctor wanted that right kidney checked out. They did a series of Ultrasounds

Yesterday we did hear that the kidney looks like everything is working properly, but I will know more on Monday after the doctor is in the office and reads the report and checks with the ultrasound they did this past Spring with the new one. The sample of sputum they took on Tuesday had come back, showing nothing wrong.

I just called the hospital, he's still in the emergency room, but he will be going to room 2915. Found out my niece is in room 2918. She had a spell at work, and her boss called 911, thinking it might be her heart. Niece thought it was just her stomach, haven't heard yet just what her problem is. She's an RN at a nursing home here in our town. I suppose nurses are like doctors, the last to get help for themselves. LOL

Almost the last thing Abe said to me before the ambulance got here was, if I had time get on the computer and post that he's taking a break for a while. Knowing him, as soon as he's feeling better, I know he will be back out here in the office writing about this hospital stay. I will try to keep everyone updated, but if I don't have the time, I'm sure one of our daughters will on their blog, and if so, I will just post their blog for everyone to check.

Again, he needs all the prayers and well wishes anyone has to offer. Thank you so much for all the comments, prayers and well wishes the last time.

Just a short note here, I have my blog set ahead to post for about a week or so. I will try to update each day if time permits. So if you see some silly joke or post, I'm not making light of Abe's situation, it's just something I had fixed to post perhaps a month ago. Like I said I try to post ahead, because I don't have time each day to get on my blog. So I take advantage of a day when I do have lots of time and will make post for later. Have a great day. I just talked with the nurse and he's in his room and I could hear him talking, he was worried about his partial, wasn't sure if he went into the hospital with it, I told her no, it's here at home. The partial was the last thing I was thinking of when they took him out the front door.

21 comments:

Melinda said...

well....I am glad you guys listened and called 911...I kept telling dad and you both I also felt he should just go to the hospital....he just did not sound right and sounded so bad when he coughed....and his 02 saturations should have been higher than that especially on oxygen...

Winifred said...

Prayers and candles coming his way.
Love and best wishes to you both. Take care of yourself too.

Kathleen McQueen Wright said...

God Bless Abe. Keeping you all in my prayers

Twisted Fencepost said...

I have you both in my prayers.
Tell Abe to take it easy and let himself heal.
And you take care of yourself too Patty!!

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

I am so sorry Abe is having all this trouble. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Thanks for the update on Mr. L, Patty. Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending warm cyber-hugs, too. {{{{Abe & Patty}}}}

Wanda said...

My dear Patty ~~ I got a email from Milinda and have had you and Abe in my prayers. I'm so sorry he's back in the hospital. As I told Milinda, you have become like family to me, and I will be in prayer today for you both.

photowannabe said...

Sending my prayers along to all of you too.
Tell him to rest and get strong. We need him back in the blogworld again. Take care of your self too Patty. Special hugs to all of you.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Tell Abe there are people tuned in to him all over the world.

Carl H. Sr. said...

God bless you and Abe.
Patty,more prayers are on the way now.

Gigi Ann said...

Get well wishes to Abe and his caretaker. I only hope the best for him and you.

Kelly Ann said...

Oh goodness, it's just not fair! I do sincerely hope he gets outta that hospital fast and well at that. *hugs*

kinnigurl said...

Patty - I am so sorry to hear about Abe. If there is anything the EFXers can do - please let us know. We all think the world of you and your family. Pass on our special best wishes and prayers to Abe and of course you and the rest of the family.
Laurie Donna and Neil.

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Patty,

I am sorry Abe is having problems again. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Keep us updated.

Love and blessings,

Renie

CINDY BUCKLEY said...

Horrible news. I am so sorry that this is happening again. Thank goodness you called 911! I'll be thinking about you both, hoping for a speedy recovery, one that sticks this time!

Nancy said...

I received your email but never got into my email til today. And now I read abut his partial. Nice to know that he is able to think about things other than his lung problem. Maybe he's thinking about eating that 'wonderful' hospital food again...

Still praying for Abe, you, and your family...this has to be such a difficult time for you all. At least he is in the hospital where he belongs so they can watch him. Will check daily for updates.

But you remember that there are so many out here in blogland praying for his recovery! I'll pass the word along!

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Tomate Farcie said...

We will continue to keep thinking about you all, sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Best wishes to Abe for prompt recovery. TF in California.

mommanator said...

many prayers will on their way

Libertine said...

Sorry to hear that Abe's back in the hospital again. He'll be in my thoughts.

Lady Visine said...

My dear friend! How I wish there was an "easy button" for times like this, that we could simply push and Abe would be well again! Instead, we'll have to be grateful for the power of prayer & positive thoughts. Am sending both, on behalf of you & Abe, in hopes he will have a full recovery & this won't wear you out.

*hugs*

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear that Abe is back in the hospital again...I just gave prayers for Abe, you and your niece.

I am sure he can live without his partials, hospitals are famouse at making sure toothless folks gets their mush. (meant as a joke here)