Monday, February 23, 2009

GOOD NEWS

Today was my 3 month check-up!
Dr. Bane, my oncologist, said since it was two years ago this past December that I had the last lumpectomy, I can now go six months instead of every three months. I will still be taking the pill called Femera for a total of five years. So I still have a few more years for that. But I'm very happy and pleased with his decision.

Yesterday I wasn't on the computer much. After lunch time, our one daughter and I went to visit my Mother. Of course around 4:45 she wanted to fix a bite of supper, so we all three ate together and had an enjoyable time. Didn't get home until around 8:00PM. Hope everyone had a great Sunday and a terrific Monday. Sun did shine, but it was cold all day, never got above 29 degrees F. I'm looking forward to an early Spring. Good night all.


13 comments:

Femin Susan said...

the quote of the day is very meaningful.hope you are OK after the medical checkup
may god bless you

Twisted Fencepost said...

That is great news, Patty! I hope you have dealt with the last of that terrible disease!!

Gramma Ann said...

I am glad the Doctor had good news for you today, and with each passing day I hope you continue to remain healthy.

Renie Burghardt said...

Wonderful news, Patty! And how nice that you got to spend Sunday with your Mom. It must be such a blessings to have your Mom around.

We had sunshine and 45 degrees today, and things will be much warmer by Wednesday. We still have a great deal of work ahead of us around here, but have made some progress.

Have a good night.

Renie

Brenda said...

Wonderful news. Your visit with your Mom sounds great. Mine passed away about 5 years ago. Hope you are getting some sunshine. It is still tooooo cold here in Missouri!

Granny on the Web said...

So glad to hear the good news.
Sounds like you 3 girls had a fun time together at your Mums place.
Love your posts Patty.

Love Granny

Columbo said...

Glad for the good news on your checkup. Have a great week, and hopefully a little warmer weather.

Wanda said...

I'm so glad your checkup went well and you don't have to go back for 6 months.

I spent Sunday with my daughters and it was so delightful.

Love and Hugs
Wanda

अविनाश said...

Good to hear this
Here winter is biddiing not so good bye as i dont like summers so a bit sad as mercury is rising with every passing day.

Take care
Regards

Rinkly Rimes said...

I've been away so I have no news of Abe. I hope all is now well with him as it is with you.

Denise said...

Good morning Patty, that is wonderful news. Have a great day.

Winifred said...

That's wonderful news. Nice to have your Mam around, I still miss mine after nearly forty years. I'm much older than she was when she died. Strange feeling that.

I do love your photos on the sidebars. The ones with Nancy are so nice.

Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ I am so very glad that your Oncology
appointment went well and you are now on 6 monthly check-ups. That is great and you can relax a bit better now. Wonderful news.
Much love, Merle.