Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chain Saw
This fellow is looking to buy a saw to cut down some trees in his back yard. He goes to a chain saw shop and asks about
various chain saws.

The dealer tells him, "Look, I have a lot of models, but why don't you save yourself a lot of time and aggravation and get the top-of-the-line model. This chain saw will cut a hundred cords of wood for you in one day."

So, the man takes the chain saw home and begins working on the trees. After cutting for several hours and only cutting two cords, he decides to quit. He thinks there is something wrong with the chain saw. "How can I cut for hours and only cut two cords?" the man asks himself. "I will begin first thing in the morning and cut all day," the man tells himself.

So, the next morning the man gets up at 4 am in the morning and cuts and cuts, and cuts till nightfall, and still he only manages to cut five cords.

The man is convinced this is a bad saw. "The dealer told me it would cut one hundred cords of wood in a day, no problem. I will take this saw back to the dealer," the man says to himself.

The very next day the man brings the saw back to the dealer and explains the problem. The dealer, baffled by the man's claim, removes the chain saw from the case. The dealer says, "Hmm, it looks fine."

Then the dealer starts the chain saw, to which the man responds, "What's that noise?


12 comments:

Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ Love that joke. I hope all is well at your house.
Thank you for your kind comments.
Glad you liked the jokes etc.
Glad you liked that old photo too.
We were cute little kids back then.
But it is hard to recognize who we
were so long ago.
Take great care, my friend ~ ~
Love, Merle.

Anonymous said...

What did the dealer said ???
: )

Valerie said...

Very good. There's nothing like a joke for cheering the soul. Thank you.

Tomate Farcie said...

Ah, OK. that explains it! :)

Unknown said...

"Well this only proves one thing to me is that men can be stupid at times" ha ha ha Now if I can only convinced my better half!

mommanator said...

humm, had to think on that onwe

Pat - Arkansas said...

Love it!

fleamarketjunkie said...

I didn't have an idea where it was getting at as I was reading it. The revelation in the last part was what delivered the punchline and really made it funny. What made it funny I think is because all of us are prone to that errr...slip of the mind? Call it what you will, but I had a similar experience with my laptop when I took it to the repair shop.

Anonymous said...

Well, I wondered. I suppose he was sawing by pushing the chain saw back and forth. That's what I love about some folks. Plain and simple - minded.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hahaha, that's a surprise ending, for sure.

Had my Chinese Buffet day again. I'm still stuffed from it.

Have a good night, Patty.

Renie

Margaret Cloud said...

What a dumb bell, sounds like someone I know. Hope you are having a nice week.

Marian Dean said...

Priceless one I am sending to a great DIY man-friend, who is always stuck when he gets a new tool.

Love Granny