Saturday, October 03, 2009

Summer vacation is over, it's back to school

Back To School Rules...

The kids had all arrived in the high school sophomore English class, and were chatting away, making new friends. THEN…In walked a very stern looking English teacher and a hush fell over the room as the kids scurried to their seats.

The stern teacher silently panned his gaze across all the kids.

After about a minute or so, he spoke: "From the outset, I want you all to know that there are two words that are absolutely unacceptable in this classroom.

You cannot use them as you recite, or in any of your papers, tests, or homework. Using these words even once, will get you a failing grade for that quarter.

The first one is "gross".

And the other one is "cool".

Are there any questions?"

After a few moments of silence, this gawky teen at the back of the room raises his hand, and the teacher calls upon him.

In a pubescent croaking voice, the kid asks...

"So, what are they?"


9 comments:

Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ Good post and the 2 words do get repeated very often and the kids would find it hard not to use them.

Thanks for your comments and yes the constant company does get tiring, and too tired to blog. I felt the same as you about September - it just flew by. You sure have been busy with your house-cleaning.
I hope thatvI can get the urge to do some, before it gets too hot. I pay to get my lawns cut these days.

Take great care, my friend,
Love, Merle.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I probably would have been thinking the same thing. Atleast for a second or two. tee hee

Arkansas Patti said...

Now that was funny. Like those I don't see coming.

mommanator said...

I would 'like' the word 'like ' used less! makes me mad!!!!!
I know I am aginf myself, but it seems as though kids today hvae a two word vocab! like and the fbomb!
I stay away from malls most of the tiime cause of folks language.

Gigi Ann said...

LOL...I had to read it twice, before I got the joke...but, that is nothing new. My kids always told everyone they had to explain jokes to me before I got them.

Margaret Cloud said...

Now that is not fair, those are probably the most used words kids say. Hope you are having a nice weekend, we are cold and rainy.

Renie Burghardt said...

Yeah, he never answered what those words were! Hahaha.

Have a great Sunday!

Renie

Marian Dean said...

His question is very valid!

A good observation of the younger mind-set.

Love Granny

Tomate Farcie said...

I didn't get it right away, OK, that makes sense! I say "cool" a lot but "gross" not so much.

I would like the word "actually" out of the conversation. People say "actually....." way too much.