Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.-Jeff Valdez

A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.-Carl Reiner

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come. -Matt Groening

Skiing consists of wearing $3,000 worth of clothes and equipment and driving 200 miles in the snow in order to stand around at a bar and drink.-P. J. O'Rourke

Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.-Stanislaw J. Lec

I only drink fortified wines during bad weather. Snowstorm, hurricane, tornado--I'm not particular, as long as it's bad. After all, any storm for a Port.-Paul S. Winalski

Canada: A few acres of snow.-Voltaire

Getting an inch of snow is like winning 10 cents in the lottery. -Bill Watterson

Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, "I'm going to snow. If you have on a bikini and no snowshoes, that's tough. I am going to snow anyway.-Maya Angelou


13 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

for a moment, i tot it was christmas! lol.. let it snow.. let it snow...

Gigi Ann said...

I liked them all. But, I am tired of snow. Maybe spring will come early this year.

Margaret Cloud said...

I am with Gramma Ann, I am tired of it. Liked your quotes for today.

Clytie said...

Cute quotes. I like the ice weasels one. Guffaw!

Reader Wil said...

Snow has the power to let people think deeply about this phenomenon!
I am glad that your niece is back home again!

Cathy said...

No comment on the snow - its still hot here:))
I know my cats would definitely agree with NO.1 - theres no way they'd be daft enoough do anything that resembles anything like work -sleep maybe lol
Take care
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I am tired of this snow. Maybe March will have something new and different.

Renie Burghardt said...

I'm with Carl Rhiner when it comes to snow. Thank goodness we don't have any. I did enjoy the quotes.

Renie Burghardt said...

That comment dissapeared before I finished. My daffies are up! Spring must be just around the corner. Hope you got the first part of the comment or this won't make any sense. He he.

Cheryl said...

These are great and a spot of sunshine in my rainy, dreary day!

claude said...

I imagine eight cats pulling a sled though the snow !!!
Do not worry for my old photo, Partty, Mother gava me the name of everyone.

Twisted Fencepost said...

One inch of snow is like winning 10 cents in the lottery is so true. How can you build a snowman with one inch of snow?

Beth Niquette said...

Ah, well...I wish it would snow--do you think if I wished hard enough it would happen?

With the roses blooming, the violets rioting and the fruit trees blossoming I suppose not.

But one can always hope. Snow, not ice.

Lovely post, my sweet friend.