Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Funny. Short. Different.

Hey, I just happened to notice, the title for this post sounds like my description. LOL!!

ENJOY, THEY MAY HAVE BEEN POSTED BEFORE, I CAN'T REMEMBER. LOL
***********************************************************
I dialed a number and got the following recording: "I am not available right now, but thank you for caring enough to call. I am making some changes in my life. Please leave a message after the beep. If I do not return your call, you are one of the changes."
~~~~~
At pilots training back in the Air Corps they taught us, "Always try to keep the number of landings you make equal to the number of take offs you make."
~~~~~
Little Tommy had been to a birthday party at a friend's house. Knowing his sweet tooth, Tommy's mother looked straight into his eyes and said, "I hope you didn't ask for a second piece of cake."

"No, but I asked Mrs. Smith for the recipe so you could make some like it, and she gave me two more pieces without asking."
~~~~~
Aspire to inspire before you expire.
~~~~~
My wife and I had words, but I didn't get to use mine.
~~~~~
As my five year old son and I were headed to McDonald's one day, we passed a car accident. Usually when we see something terrible like that, we say a prayer for those who might be hurt, so I pointed and said to my son, "We should pray."

From the back seat I heard his earnest request: "Please, God, don't let those cars block the entrance to McDonald's."
~~~~~
Frustration is trying to find your glasses without your glasses.
~~~~~
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
~~~~~
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere.
~~~~~
God made man before woman so as to give him time to think of an answer for her first question.
~~~~~
I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.
~~~~~
Every morning is the dawn of a new error.
~~~~~
The best computer is a man, and it's the only one that can be mass produced by unskilled labor.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all funny. I took to my wife and i had words but I didn't get to use mine. LOL

Arkansas Patti said...

Loved the Will Rogers quote. I had a friend who had inherited a foul mouthed parrot and knew it had to stay with her as no one would believe it had not learned from her.

Brenda said...

I liked what you said at the beginning best. Funny, short, different....sounds like my description. Ha...sounds like mine also!

Margaret Cloud said...

These were good, I especially like the McDonald's one

Sunny said...

Thanks for a good giggle. The McDonald's one made me laugh!
Sunny :)

dyanna said...

These are very cute and funny.I like them.
Have a nice day.

Mental P Mama said...

LOLs all around;)

DeniseinVA said...

Can always count on you to put a smile on my face when I leave Patty. Thank you :)

Renie Burghardt said...

These are funny, Patty, especially the last one! Unskilled labor--He He!

Went to the Chinese Buffet today. Yummo!

Beth Niquette said...

Hahaaa...I liked the one about you and the title best!!!

I will indeed tell our little Malaya "Happy Birthday" from the Lincolns. (grin) She is the apple of my eye.

I thank you, too for your kind words about the loss of our kitty.

((hugs))

Beth Niquette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth Niquette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth Niquette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wanda said...

Those are good, Patty.... I laughed at Abe's comment!!

ChrisJ said...

We need all the funny jokes we can get. Thanks for posting them.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Good ones, Patty!

Cheryl said...

Good for a chuckle!