by from Rick Bouten...
I was just down in Orlando, Florida a while back for a conference.. The Keynote speaker was Jim Bouten, a former New York Yankees pitcher and author of the bestselling book Ball Four which rocked the baseball world in the early 70s. Although he had little to say about the online world, his experience was very enlightening (as well as very entertaining) as he was someone who had to work very hard and break a lot of rules to play in the big leagues, especially on a team with greats such as Yogi Berra and Micky Mantle. Given that we are a week away from Valentines Day, or Love Day as some call it, it is important to understand different aspects of love including Loving What You Do.
* You Must Learn to Love the Process of What you are Doing
* Secret of Success is Persistence
* Most People Dont Fail They Just stop Trying
* If you Love what you do, you can find a way to succeed
* One Thing I learned from Pressure is to try to have fun with it
* When you are having fun doing what you are doing, your mind and body work correctly
Reminding you to enjoy the process -- to love what you do. If you don't, and can't find a way to do so by changing your perspective, perhaps you should start looking to do other things. If you are just results focused, you will often be unhappy. If you enjoy the process, you can always be optimistic, even during difficult times.