1. Boxing. (Possibly Ice Skating)
2. Niagara Falls. The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.
3. Asparagus and rhubarb.
6. The pear grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the whole growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
7. Dwarf, dwell, and dwindle.
8. Period (full stop), comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.
9. In Minnesota. The team was originally known as the Minneapolis Lakers and kept the name when they moved west.
9a. Port Vale Football club play at Vale Park.
10. Batter hit by a pitch; passed ball; catcher interference; catcher drops third strike; fielder's choice; and being 'Walked' by the pitcher.
10a Cricket: Bowled, Stumped, LBW, Run Out, Caught, Hit ball twice, Hit wicket, Handled ball, Obstructing the fielder, and the one everyone forgets - Out of time.
12. Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, snowshoes, stockings.
Well, now you know! Feel any smarter? I did, I did. LOL