1. A biologist who studies fish is called an ichthyologist.
2. The most poisonous fish in the world is the Stone fish.
3. The more sardines that are placed in a can, the greater the profit as sardine oil costs more than the sardines.
4. Minnows have teeth in their stomach; the better to digest their food.
5. The sturgeon is considered the largest of all freshwater fish and have weighed in at 2,250 pounds.
6. All the sturgeon [the fish from which we get caviar] caught in British waters are property of Elizabeth II, Queen of England.
7. Atlantic salmon are able to leap as high as 15 feet.
8. The largest known fish in the sea is the whale shark. It weighs up to 20 tons and can grow to a length of 40 feet.
9. Fish can get seasick when kept aboard a rolling ship just as much as people.
10. The red fire-fish can fly and emits sounds like a crow.