Friday, July 15, 2011

Another from Will and Guy

Variety is our watchword today

*A Good Joke about a husband*

A man and a woman were having dinner in a fine restaurant. Their waitress, taking another order at a table a few paces away noticed that the man was slowly sliding down his chair and under the table, with the woman acting unconcerned.

The waitress watched as the man slid all the way down his chair and out of sight under the table. Still, the woman dining across from him appeared calm and unruffled, apparently unaware that her dining companion had disappeared.

After the waitress finished taking the order, she came over to the table and said to the woman, "Pardon me, ma'am, but I think your husband just slid under the table."

The woman calmly looked up at her and replied firmly, "No he didn’t. He just walked in the door."

* Classic short joke *
Where's the English Channel?
I don't know - our television doesn't pick it up.

* Windy? *
Three retirees, each with a hearing loss, were playing golf one fine March day. One remarked to the other, "Windy, isn't it?"
"No," the second man replied, "it's Thursday."
The third man chimed in, "So am I. Let's have a beer."

* One-liners - Deliberately Chosen to Give Variety and Surprise*
1) Reagan Wins on Budget, But More Lies Ahead

2) In a packed programme tonight we will be talking to an out-of-work contortionist who says he can no longer make ends meet."

3) I'm on a whisky diet. I've lost three days already.

4) Include your children when baking your cookies. (Newspaper leader)

5 comments:

Winifred said...

I rather like this design Patty. It's a very rich colour and the white text is very easy to read.

Great jokes too!

Lady Di Tn said...

LOL I usually need the laugh you are providing us. Thanks and Peace

Gigi Ann said...

Very funny. The design is different, like Winfred said, the text is easy to read. I like playing around with different designs, I get bored with the same old one.

Arkansas Patti said...

All good but laughed out loud at the first one. I was not thinking that at all.

Margaret Cloud said...

I like the color of your blog, very pretty and easy to read. These are good one, liked the cookie one.