Actual questions asked of Canadian reference librarians:
Do you have books here?
Do you have that book by Rushdie, 'Satanic Nurses'? [Actual title: "Satanic Verses"]
I am looking for a list of laws that I can break that would send me back to jail for a couple of months.
Can you tell me why so many famous Civil War battles were fought on National Park sites?
Do you have a list of all the books I've ever read?
Do you have any books with photographs of dinosaurs?
Out of the mouths of babes ...
A nursery school teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work.
As she got to little Sarah who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was. Sarah replied, "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like."
Sarah replied, "They will in a minute"
Top 10 FORBIDDEN Library Titles For Children
1) Gerbil merry-go round, and other great microwave games.
2) Fifty new places to poke a pencil.
3) The little girl who died from eating all her vegetables
4) Why washing clothes causes childhood allergies.
5) Children's guide to hitch-hiking.
6) Flying lessons for kittens.
7) Toys that your neighbors are getting.
8) Where mothers hide treats.
9) Advanced screaming, crying and whining.
10) How to avoid washing daddy's car.