Saturday, December 03, 2011

Snippets


1) I poured Spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

2) Why isn't there mouse-flavoured cat food?

3) Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

4) When it rains, why don't sheep shrink?


It's a Dog's Life
The origin of the catchphrase 'It's a Dog's Life' is obscure. One of the earliest popular reference is Charlie Chaplin's 1918 film called 'A Dog's Life'. There is also a well known 1955 film by Herman Hoffman, this title include the It's - 'It's a Dog's Life'.

The phrase is so evocative of the downtrodden hero, that it's perfect for Charles M. Schulz's Snoopy. It's a dog's life has also inspired music and also T.V. episodes of popular programs such as 'Murder She Wrote'


3 comments:

ChrisJ said...

I hope your are going to make a book out of all these collections. They would make a great Christmas gift. (Bit late for this year).

Lady Di Tn said...

LOL I am sure a dog's life does not refer to downtrodden when it comes to either of our 4 legged fur balls. NO 4 would make a person ponder. Peace

Carole Barkett said...

I'm surprised I haven't seen that old movie on reruns