Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Senior Driver

My neighbor was working in his garden when he was startled by a late model car that came crashing through his hedge and ended up in his front lawn.

He rushed to help an elderly lady driver out of the car and sat her down on a lawn chair.

He said to her, "You appear quite elderly to be driving."
"Well, yes, I am," she replied proudly. "I'll be 97 next month, and I am now old enough that I don't even need a driver's license anymore.

"The last time I went to my doctor, he examined me and asked if I had a driver's license. I told him yes and handed it to him. He took scissors out of the drawer, cut the license into pieces, and threw them in the waste basket, saying, 'You won't need this anymore,' so I thanked him and left!"




3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my...oh my!
And she's probably out there driving around willy nilly right now!!
:)
Hugs and love,
Jackie

Unknown said...

I fear the day my doctor does the same! lol

Patty said...

Jackie and Linda,
I hope I have enough sense (if I would live that long) to give up driving on my own. My Mother at 90 still had her license, but said she doesn't know if she will renew them or not, I told her she probably should, if nothing else for the ID. She doesn't drive much anymore, only there in her little town to the grocery or doctor. But even that worries me. I live about 20 miles away and have told her if I know ahead, I can drive her, I just need to know ahead, since I take Granddaughter to and from school and we have only one car.