Sunday, April 21, 2013

One Sunday Morning

A priest decided to do something a little different. He said'Today, in church, I am going to say a single word and you are going to help me preach. Whatever single word I say, I want you to sing whatever Hymn that comes to your mind -- The pastor shouted out 'CROSS.' Immediately the congregation started singing in unison, 'THE OLD RUGGED CROSS.'

The pastor hollered out 'GRACE.' The congregation began to sing 'AMAZING GRACE, how sweet the sound..'

The pastor said 'POWER.'The congregation sang 'THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD.'

The Pastor said 'SEX' the congregation fell into total silence.

Everyone was in shock. They all nervously began to look around at each other afraid to say anything.

Then all of a sudden, way from in the back of the church, a little old 87 year old grandmother stood up and began to sing 'MEMORIES.'



2 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

The little grandmother got it right. LOL The previous post, Prince always said you needed to give a child a name that sounds very impressive when the name is called at their Graduations. Peace

Connie said...

Hello Patty, your blog is just what I need and good clean laugh . . . I am a true believer in laughter being good medicine and seeing that you are a two time cancer survivor and putting out this delight and happy blog, well, you must be a believer in the benefits of laughter, too.
I hope you don't mind we tagging along on your blogging journey, because I just became your newest follower. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you over to visit, and if you like my blog, I would be delighted to have you as a follower, too.
God bless you.
Your new blogging sister, Connie :)