Saturday, June 29, 2013

Just got in my email this morning

Forgot My Glasses

Yesterday my daughter again asked why I didn't do something useful with my time. Talking about my "doing something useful" seemed to be her favorite topic of conversation. She was "only thinking of me" and suggested I go down to the senior center and hang out with the guys. I did this and when I got home last night I decided to teach her a lesson about staying out of my business. I told her that I had joined a parachute club.

She said, "Are you nuts? You're almost 72 years old and you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?"

I proudly showed her that I even got a membership card.

She said to me, "Good grief, where are your glasses! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club."

"I'm in trouble again, and I don't know what to do... I signed up for five jumps a week." I told her. She fainted.

Life as a senior citizen is not getting any easier but sometimes it can be fun.

Wanted you to have a laugh, I did, I thought it was quite funny, perhaps the daughter will let her Father alone now. LOL


4 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny and I can relate...my kids dont think I do anything any more, so maybe I should also join a 'parachute club'! lol

Anonymous said...

Jumping out of airplanes is one thing I can prevent and mother said it is best to keep both feet on the ground.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Food for thought from the other side. May e my mom really does not want unsolicited comments about what she should e doing!!!

Jackie said...

OK...I have to admit, I thought this was true...that you wrote it about yourself. It took me a while to "get" that it was a joke. Duh, me. Sometimes, I feel so stoooopid.
Good one, Patty. You got me....