Sunday, November 22, 2015

Something to think about not just on Sunday but Every Day

"When you sit down to eat, pray. When you eat bread, do so thanking Him for being so generous to you.

If you drink wine, be mindful of Him who has given it to you for your pleasure and as a relief in sickness.

When you dress, thank Him for His kindness in providing you with clothes.

When you look at the sky and the beauty of the stars, throw yourself at God’s feet and adore Him
who in His wisdom has arranged things in this way.

Similarly, when the sun goes down and when it rises, when you are asleep or awake, give thanks to God, who created and arranged all things for your benefit, to have you know, love and praise their Creator."

— St. Basil the Great


2 comments:

Melinda said...

I do try to do these things every day mama. Love you!

Lady Di Tn said...

I also try to adhere to those practices and when I take a shower, I ask that my sins be washed away as the dirt from my body. Peace be with you dear friend.