Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Back Home

If I had the power to turn back the clock,
Go back to that house at the end of the block -
The house that was HOME when I was a kid,
I know that I'd love it more now than I did.

If I could be back there at my mother's knee,
And hear once again all the things she told me,
I'd listen as I never listened before,
For she knew so well just what life had in store.

And all the advice my dad used to give,
His voice I'll remember as long as I live;
But it didn't seem really important then;
What I'd give just to live it all over again.

And what I'd give for the chance I once had,
To do so much more for my mother and dad;
To give them more joy and a little less pain;
A little more sunshine - a little less rain.

But the years roll on and we cannot go back, Whether we were born in a mansion or in a shack; But we can start right now-in the hour that's here, To do something more for the ones we hold dear.

And since time in its flight is traveling so fact;
Let's not spend it regretting that which is past;
But let's make tomorrow a happier day,
By doing our "good to others" - TODAY.

(Author Unknown)

No comments: