Friday, January 04, 2008

21 F this morning at 9:58 am


Quotes That Make You Think

Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face.- Dave Barry

Winter either bites with its teeth or lashes with its tail.

There are only two seasons -- winter and Baseball.

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.-
Anne Bradstreet

Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours."- Robert Byrne

Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.

Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood.- Bill Watterson

Every mile is two in winter.- George Herbert

One kind word can warm three winter months.-Japanese Proverb

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.- Albert Camus

Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.- Vesta M. Kelly

When you live in Texas, every single time you see snow it’s magical.-Pamela Ribon

I was just thinking, if it is really religion with these nudist colonies, they sure must turn atheists in the wintertime.

HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEK-END

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Oh Patty, you are so consistant with delightful, insightful and humorous posts. I love my daily visit here!!
Hope you're keeping warm. It is very stormy here today...I'm staying in.. Just made a Pumpkin Bread, and now I'm going to have a piece with my coffee. Wish you were here to share.