Friday, November 21, 2008

All of you joggers and runners might enjoy these.

RUNNING QUOTES...

Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed.- Charles Schulz

The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.- Erma Bombeck

I always loved running... it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs.- Jesse Owens

You don't run against a bloody stop watch, do you hear? A runner runs against himself, against the best that's in him. Not against a dead thing of wheels and pulleys. That's the way to be great, running against yourself. Against all the rotten mess in the world

At the two-thirds mark [of a marathon], I think of those who are still with me. Who might make a break? Should I? Then I give it all I've got.- Ibrahim Hussein

Running is like mouthwash; if you can feel the burn, it's working.- Brian Tackett

When people ask me why I run, I tell them, there's not really a reason, it's just the adrenalin when you start, and the feeling when you cross that finish line, and know that you are a winner no matter what place you got.- Courtney Parsons

Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts.- Steve Prefontaine

You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming.- Frank Shorter

Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.- William Sigei

I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street.- Neil Armstrong

I don't think jogging is healthy, especially morning jogging. If morning joggers knew how tempting they looked to morning motorists, they would stay home and do sit-ups.- Rita Rudner

To a runner, a side stich is like a car alarm. It signifies something is wrong, but you ignore it until it goes away.- Anonymous

It's unnatural for people to run around the city streets unless they are thieves or victims. It makes people nervous to see someone running. I know that when I see someone running on my street, my instincts tell me to let the dog go after him.- Mike Royko

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



3 comments:

Winifred said...

I'm with Neil Armstrong. All the way!

Gigi Ann said...

I agree with Winifred and Neil Armstrong. Jogging is not my thing. Come to think of it exercise of any kind is not my thing.

Carl H. Sr. said...

I am certainly with our 'Man on the Moon' on this subject!