Saturday, November 29, 2008

Quick update

I just got home from the hospital. Got there around 9:45 am. Had lunch with Abe got home around 4:00 pm.

Dr. Kim said he's going to leave the chest tube in until Monday. He may get to come home then on Monday, but that is something we will have to wait and see. They may keep him until Tuesday. Heart doctor said everything is looking great with the heart end of it. Lung doctor said his lung x-rays have shown a big improvement. But the thoracic surgeon is the one that says the tube stays in until Monday. He said he's being very cautious.

But now his one kidney that has had a large stone in it for sometime, seems to be acting up. When he tries to go to the bathroom, it seems to go into spasms. Plus he's passing blood again. So that may be something else. What ever the case may be, I want them to take care of everything during this one trip/stay if possible.

Tomorrow I plan on going down just for an hour or so visit. He's feeling so much better. Sitting there is very tiring and uncomfortable. He was watching college football while I was there, and I was reading, but I almost fell asleep. He's made a big improvement compared to Tuesday when they first admitted him.

Thanks to everyone for your concern, well wishes and prayers. We both appreciate that very much.


Gramma Ann said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear he is feeling somewhat better.

Indigo2087 said...

Dear Patty,
Sounds like you need a rest! I hope Abe gets well soon and is able to leave hospital. It must be very frightening for both of you. Take good care of yourself.

Winifred said...

It's very stressful at times like this so you need to be careful.

Love and best wishes to you both.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Thanks for keeping us updated, Patty.
I'm glad to hear he's doing better. And I hope he's able to pass the stone, QUICKLY!!

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Patty,

I am glad to hear that he is improving. My prayers and well wishes continue for you both. Get lots of rest!



Sandy said...

Glad to read he is doing better and may get out by Monday.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Make sure you keep your own health up to scratch. He'll need you when he gets home .... and starts blogging again.

Wanda said...

Thanks again for updates.. I read Abe's post a few minutes ago.

Love, hugs and prayers

MumbaiiteAnu said...

You need to take good care of yourself too. I hope Abe will be well soon. You sound stressed and need to rest. My prayers and best wishes for the both of you.
Love from Anu.

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

I am so sorry you all are having so much trouble. Hopefully things will get better soon. I saw a wonderful picture of you two over on your daughters blog.
From my family to yours, Blessings and Prayers!

carl h. sr. said...

Keep that Faith Patty.
Glad Abe is making improvements.
I hope they can take care of that pesky kidney stone. Mine had me passing blood too. I've heard that some can be broken into small pieces with an ultra-sound surgery device. God bless you and yours,

Nancy said...

I think you emailed me about this. I am glad he will be home tomorrow. It's been a bad week for your family, I know, but now you can look forward to the holidays. My ex has had a floating stone for some time, too. He has to avoid 6 certain foods....tea, peanuts, chocolate, rhubarb...and now I can't even remember the last 2 foods! He loves all 6 foods, too! Never a happy median when it comes to healthful living!

(((((( HUGS ))))))