Friday, January 16, 2009

I found this interesting

I Made A Misteak

So, I made a mistake.

Mistakes happen. Not only do they happen, they are guaranteed.

My father used to say, the only way you won't make mistakes is
if you don't do anything, and that itself is a mistake.

Too many are afraid to try something new because they feel they
might make an error. They are both right and wrong. Yes, they
will probably make errors but it is good to understand that
errors go with the territory.

You will never accomplish great or worthwhile things without
risk and risk generally means great mistake potential.

You are probably reading this by light bulbs invented by Thomas
Edison. He made over a thousand light bulbs that didn't work.
The world would have called them mistakes. He said he learned a
thousand ways not to make a light bulb.

The way to avoid mistakes is experience.
The way to get experience – Mistakes.

Don't feel bad because you messed up with something.
Don't be afraid to venture out into a good thing because you are
afraid that you might mess up.

While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, another is
busy making mistakes and becoming superior.
Henry C. Link

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be
made, in a narrow field.
Niels Bohr (1885-1962)

We have to keep trying things we're not sure we can pull off.
If we just do the things we know we can do... you don't grow as
much. You gotta take those chances on making those big mistakes.
Cybill Shepherd

Finally in this computer world on misteaks…
Dew knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl yore mistakes.
Brendan Hills

~A MountainWings Original~

Forward this issue to a friend or send them the link below:
http://www.mountainwings.com/past/1007.htm

Thank you for inviting MountainWings in your mailbox.
See you tomorrow.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

AH, mistakes I think I invented mistakes LOL !
Gee, it is colder where you are than where I am. It is zero here in Northwest Arkansas.

Tell me how to get the weather thing on my blog, please.

Stay warm and bundled up.

Hugs~~~~

Vinisha said...

You have no idea how thankful I am to this post. I have been debating a decision for 8 hours now, all the while thinking "What if I can't do it?"

This really helped. :)

Reader Wil said...

I learnt a lot by making mistakes and by a good teacher who told me why they were mistakes.

Anonymous said...

For a while there I thought I had found a slew of mistakes. LOL

Then I realized it was part of the post.

Gigi Ann said...

Mistakes? Me? I done think I ever make msitake.

mommanator said...

sometimes I think I am the queen of mistakes teehee, esp with my mouth, God has worked real hard on me on that! Hubby was my checker on that, what am I to do now? guess I will have to have God hit me on the head!?

Winifred said...

So that's George Bush's excuse is it? Well if he can do it so can we.

Dr. Pragya bajaj said...

we all learn by r misteks
Regards

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, my, all the mistakes in my life that I learned from! There were so many. I like the boys comment on spell checkers. LOL.

We were down to 7F last night, got all the way up to 18 today, and will be in the mid-forties tomorrow. Time to ger out the shorts. LOL. But I know from my daughter how cold it has been in Ohio. Hope you're staying warm.

Renie

Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ I really liked the misteaks, also the last one about Mahatma Gandhi, and the cartoon of you and Abe. The bird is appropriate
Thanks for your comments and glad you liked the Paid in Full story and the jokes. Loved havibg my cousins.
I am so sorry your Becky had to have her dog put down, but it is kinder if
they are ill. 14 years is a good age. Take great care my friend, Love, Merle.