Friday, May 29, 2009

Rex Barker here with

some well known facts

"If there is something you must accomplish and are unable to do so, you are paralyzed and cannot do anything else."- Unknown

"If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the very next morning you will have a flat tire."- Unknown

"It's always been and always will be the same in the world: The horse does the work and the coachman is tipped."- Unknown

"Anything you lose automatically doubles in value."- Mignon McLaughlin

"It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions."- Unknown

"The Act of God designation on all insurance policies...means roughly that you cannot be insured for the accidents that are most likely to happen to you. If your ox kicks a hole in your neighbor's Maserati, however, indemnity is instantaneous."- A Coren

"No one is listening until you pass gas."- Unknown

Wishing you with a wonderful, relaxing and meaningful weekend.

10 comments:

Jinksy said...

Conversely, it's frustrating when they ask questions you don't know the answer to!

Kathleen McQueen Wright said...

I look forward to you blog everyday.I have been so busy here latley..pardon me for not commenting as much as I should,

Have a wonderful weekend !
Kat

Anonymous said...

I like the passing gas one. I still like to do that in the super market, then look at someone or make eye contact, turn up my nose and walk away. Giving them the impression or anyone else smelling my fart that they did it.

Brenda said...

The horse does the work and the coachman is tipped. My favorite. I have to remember that one and I had never heard it before.

Gigi Ann said...

Abe~~My children use to like to do that to me. They would go so far as to say: "MOMMY!" I think the fart thing is a man's and children thing.

Oh well, my favorite is the "horse does the work and the coachman gets the tip." That can apply in other areas of life as well.

Patty, I hope you too have a warm, relaxing week-end free of farts! ;)

Patty said...

Gramma Ann, that's the only thing nice about not being able to smell. This morning when our daughter left for work, she sniffed when she went out the front door and said it smells like pig manure out here, I said, I don't smell anything. We live close enough to farms for the smell to travel and I use to be able to smell it, no longer, which is good, since I can change a babies diaper and not smell a thing. LOL

Patty said...

Yes, I think it is a man and children's thing, but then MOST men act like children. LOL

The Mulligan Family said...

So true... so true...

Rinkly Rimes said...

I think Abe is very crafty! (And you'll find a certain four-letter word hidden in that!)

Renie Burghardt said...

Yeah, passing gas will always get people's attention. LOL.

Have a good night, Patty!
Renie