Saturday, May 30, 2009

This is just to cute

A Prayer

During Church service the small children were invited to stand up in front and to say a short prayer to ask for help for something for anyone besides for themselves.

This is one of those heartfelt sweet prayers:
"Dear God: Please send clothes for all those poor women in Daddy's computer. Amen."

**********************************************
Now for a couple of poems about May

"It is the thirtieth of May,
the thirtieth of November,
a beginning or an end,
we are moving into the solstice
and there is so much here
I still do not understand."
- Adrienne Rich, Toward the Solstice

**********************************************
"A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly."
- Rhyme from England


7 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Cute prayer and I like poems esp. ones kids write. I can understand them. Some poems leave me in the dust, and I need someone to explain them to me.

DeniseinVA said...

Another fun post Patty, have a great weekend.

Reader Wil said...

Great prayer! I think poor daddy needs a prayer or two as well! LOL.Happy Whitsuntide or Pentecost! Thanks for your visit.

Anonymous said...

Stomach is aching because of laugh.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Your Solstice poem could have been written fr us! In Oz it's the first day of winter!

Marian Dean said...

Out of the mouths of babes....
so it is said, and true here it seems.
I have heard the one a 'swarm of bees' I am sure we used to sing it as a rhyme is school many years ago.
Love Granny

Twisted Fencepost said...

Shame on Daddy! He AND the girls in the computer need prayer.