Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another blonde joke, are you ready?

Serious Swimming...

When I first posted this joke, I somehow cut off part of the punch line, but I have since corrected it.

There was a competition to swim from Santa Monica to Catalina doing only the breaststroke, and the three women who entered the race were a brunette, a redhead and a blonde.

After approximately 14 hours, the brunette staggered up on the shore and was declared the fastest breaststroker.

About 40 minutes later, the redhead crawled on shore and was declared the second place finisher.

Nearly 4 hours after that, the blonde finally came ashore and promptly collapsed in front of the worried onlookers. When the reporters asked why it took her so long to complete the race, she replied,

"I don't want to sound like a sore loser, but I think those two other girls were using their arms."


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed the last word or words and the period at the end of the sentence? I think.

DeniseinVA said...

Another good early morning chuckle, thanks Patty.

Gigi Ann said...

"Those two other girls were" ..... using their arms?

Arkansas Patti said...

Oops, is there more to the story or am I blond enough to miss the point.

Arkansas Patti said...

He he, that was worth coming back for.Thanks.

Kavita Saharia said...

Hilarious...heeee .Poor gal..still laughing.

HAPPY WEEKEND !!

myonlyphoto said...

Patty, I don't even want to imagine how she tried to swam. Soon as I saw breaststroke, I know it will be funny. Thanks for sharing, and have a good weekend. Anna :)

Cheryl said...

Good one indeed!

Sister--Helen said...

I read this earlier and did not get it...I thought it was just because I was blond...Honest...I did...

Marian Dean said...

Now it makes sense!
Love Granny

ChrisJ said...

Another good one Patty!