1. A man went into a drug store in Baltimore, pulled a gun, announced a robbery, and pulled a "Hefty-bag" face mask over his head. He then realized that he'd forgotten to cut eye holes in the mask. He was arrested by security men.
2. A Belgium news agency reported, last year, that a man suspected of robbing a jewellery store in Liege said he couldn't have done it because he was busy breaking into a school at the same time.
Police then arrested him for breaking into the school.
3. Two men tried to pull the front off a cash machine by running a chain from the machine to the bumper of their pickup truck. Instead of pulling the front panel off the machine, though, they pulled the bumper off their truck. Scared, they left the scene and drove home
………… With the chain still attached to the machine
………… With their bumper still attached to the chain.
………… With their vehicle's license plate still attached to the bumper. You couldn't make it up!
4. When a man attempted to siphon petrol from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for.
Police arrived at the scene to find an ill man curled up next to a motor home trying to steal gasoline and plugged his hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake.
The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges, saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.
5. Investigating a purse snatching, detectives picked up a man who fit the thief's description and drove him back to the scene. He was told to exit the car and face the victim for an ID.
The suspect carefully eyed the victim, and shouted, 'Yeah, that's the woman I robbed.'