Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Will and Guy's Joke of the Day

Ten Funny Food Facts -
To Give You Fodder For Thought

1) Apple is made of 25% air, that is why they float.

2) Avocado has the highest protein and oil content of all fruits.

3) Carrots were originally purple in colour, changing in the 17th Century to orange with newer varieties.

4) Celery requires more calories to eat and digest than it contains.

5) Cherries are a member of the rose family.

6) Corn always has an even number of ears. It only makes up about 8% of the weight in a box of corn flakes.

7) Honey is the only edible food for humans that will never go bad.

8) Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries.

9) Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.

10) Pear is a fruit that ripens from the inside out.

Did you know that during a lifetime the average person eats about 35 tonnes of food.

5 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

Hello, dear Patty! this was such a great post!

I saw your comment on Sissy's page--I'm so flattered you thought our little sister Leigh looks like me! lol She is a beautiful woman and the Mom of my darling niece.

I saw the list of foods you have in mind for Easter...and I want to come to your house for dinner! LOL

Actually, we're performing a new Vignette for Easter and will be going out to lunch with friends afterward.

You just made your Easter dinner sound so mouth-wateringly fabulous. MmmmMmmmmm!

Margaret Cloud said...

I like your list, my favorite is honey,

Renie Burghardt said...

Interesting! Maybe I should eat more celery. Glad they changed carrots from purple to orange. Somehow, purple carrots sound unappetizing.

Have a nice evening, Patty.

ChrisJ said...

Really interesting information. I always wondered whether honey could go bad.

ChrisJ said...

Really interesting information. I always wondered whether honey could go bad.