Sunday, May 22, 2011

From an email friend, Patti Hastings

The Bend in the Road

Sometimes
we come to life’s crossroads
And we view what we think is the end.
But God has a much wider vision
And he knows it’s only a bend-

The road will go on and get smoother
And after we’ve stopped for a rest,
The path that lies hidden beyond us
Is often the path that is the best.

So rest and relax and grow stronger,
Let go and let God share your load
And have faith in a brighter tomorrow.
You’ve just come to a bend in the road.

~Helen Steiner Rice

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we both went round the bend...

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thank-you for this.It is a great reminder for me to not give up up.

Reanaclaire said...

Yes, I leave my crossroads to the One Above.. sometimes I really cannot decide what to do...

Twisted Fencepost said...

Very nice, Patty.

Reader Wil said...

I went round many bends, and it made me stronger.

Lady Di Tn said...

A beautiful thought. Peace