Thursday, May 19, 2011

From Will and Guy

Funny Retirement Quotes

'The best time to start thinking about your retirement is before the boss does.' Anonymous

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. Douglas Adams

'I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early.' Charles Lamb.

'When a man retires and time is no longer a matter of urgent importance, his colleagues generally present him with a watch.' R C Sherriff.

'Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.' Will Rogers, Autobiography, 1949.Funny Retirement Quotes

'It is time I stepped aside for a less experienced and less able man.' Scott Elledge.

'When one door closes, another one opens, but we often look so long and regretfully at the closed door that we fail to see the one that has opened for us.' Alexander Graham Bell.

'Forever, and forever, farewell, Cassius! If we do meet again, why, we shall smile; If not, why then this parting was well made.' William Shakespeare.

'Few men of action have been able to make a graceful exit at the appropriate time.' Malcolm Muggeridge

'A man is known by the company that keeps him on after retirement age.' Anon

'There's one thing I always wanted to do before I quit...retire!' Groucho Marx

'I've lit the blue touch paper and found there's nowhere to retire to.' Doctor Who

9 comments:

Reader Wil said...

'Few men of action have been able to make a graceful exit at the appropriate time.' Malcolm Muggeridge.
Now I am thinking of Dominique Strauss- Kahn and the chambermaid! His exit was certainly not graceful.
Great quotes, Patty! Have a nice day!

Reanaclaire said...

Patty, i have posted about my retirement few days ago.. lol..

Lady Di Tn said...

Another good one. I enjoyed the previous post and wonder why "the throw away society" thinks we old guys were the problem.
BTW Enjoyed Abe's blog today but could not comment. It was prefect wording for a perfect photo.
Peace

Brenda said...

Those were fun to read Patty. I often wonder what retirement really means. I think you are retired...but I am sure you seldom have a day of lounging about. I always thought retirement would be doing what ever you felt like doing. Hm....

Arkansas Patti said...

The Shakespeare quote is why I don't do Facebook to get in touch with those no longer in my life. There is probably good reason why they are not.

Margaret Cloud said...

That first one has got it right. I enjoyed these very much. Thanks for caring and have a nice day.

DeniseinVA said...

I'm going to have to show these to Gregg, as he has been talking more and more about retirement now that he is 64.

Sorry you don't see me much on Facebook Patty. I rarely get over there but on the rare occasion.

Thanks for stopping by my postcard request and offering to send one to my relative. It's very much appreciated by both of us. His geography project for the local kids at his library should be a great success. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ I liked your thought for the day and the retirement jokes etc/
Thank you for your commets on Peter'supdates about my health. I still can't believe that I went for a day procedure and didn't get home for 4 weeks and can't walk as well as I did. Have to use a walking frame for now, then a stick, and later I hope to walk alone again.
I hope your Becky is much better by now. Nice to see your son, his girlfriend who serves in IraQ and
your granddaughter, then a surprise visit from more family.
Souds like you have been busy as usual dear friend. Thanks for your comments onHome at Last, for your
Welcome back. Thank you so much for caringand your love.
Take care.Much Love, Merle.

Merle said...

Dear Patty ~~ Thank you so very much for the lovely e card you set for my birthday. I did try but they wouldn't post last night. I think my computer gets tired like I do. Anyway, the card was a lovely surprise and I thank you for it.
Take great care dear friend,.
Love, Merle.