Friday, September 02, 2011

Another e-mail I received

These fit so well they should be in a dictionary.

ADULT
A person who has stopped growing at both ends
And is now growing in the middle.

BEAUTY PARLOR
A place where women curl up and dye.

CHICKENS
The only animals you eat before they are born and after they are dead.

COMMITTEE
A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

DUST
Mud with the juice squeezed out.

EGOTIST
Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.

HANDKERCHIEF
Cold Storage.

INFLATION
Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.

MOSQUITO
An insect that makes you like flies better.

RAISIN
A grape with a sunburn.

SECRET
Something you tell to one person at a time.

SKELETON
A bunch of bones with the person scraped off.

TOOTHACHE
The pain that drives you to extraction.

TOMORROW
One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.

YAWN
An honest opinion openly expressed.


And MY Personal Favorite!!

WRINKLES
Something other people have,
Similar to my character lines.



6 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

I think I live by "Tomorrow."

Margaret Cloud said...

These are really good and true. I like the chicken one. Have a nice Labor Day weekend.

Urmi said...

Very nice, funny and interesting. I liked the chicken one most.
You are welcome at my new posts-
http://urmi-z-unique.blogspot.com
http://amazing-shot.blogspot.com

Clytie said...

Thank you for the wonderful giggles this morning. I like them all!!!

ChrisJ said...

Love them all, but especially DUST,
and TOMORROW. Someone has a creative turn of mind. :)

Carole Barkett said...

funny and very true, love them