Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I get these from Will and Guy, I subscribe to a daily e-mail from their site.

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Here are some amusing remarks made by children in all innocence. The saga that made me laugh the most was the Road Hog.

Cream loses its magic
Little Michael watched, fascinated, as his mother smoothed cold cream on her face. "Why do you do that, Mummy?" he asked.
"To make myself beautiful," said his mother who then began removing the cream with a tissue
"What's the matter?" asked little Michael, "Giving up?"

* Charity Begins at Church
After the church service, seven year old Brian said to the preacher: "When I grow up, I'm going to give you some money."
"Well, thank you," the preacher replied, "but why?"
"Because my daddy says that you're one of the poorest preachers we've ever had."

* The Chase
Nicola, eight years old, told her parents that David Parsons had kissed her after lessons. "How did that happen?" asked her mother. "It wasn't easy," admitted the young lady, "but three girls helped me catch him."

* Fig Leaves
Bobby, nine, opened the big and old family Bible with fascination, and looked at the old pages as he turned them. Suddenly, something fell out of the Bible, and he picked it up and looked at it closely. It was an old leaf from a tree that had been pressed in between the pages.

"Hey, Mum, look what I’ve found!" Bobby called out. "What have you got there, dear?" his mother asked. Astonishment written all over his face, he answered: "I think it's Adam's suit!"

* Home Alone
Our new neighbour asked the Hannah, aged 4 and who lived next door if she had any brothers and sisters. She replied, "No, I'm the lonely child."

* Road Hog
One day I was driving with my five year old daughter and I honked my car horn by mistake.
Alice turned and looked at me for an explanation.
I said, "I did that by accident."
Alice replied, "I know that, Daddy."
I replied, "How did you know?"
She said, "Because you didn't say 'IDIOT' afterwards"

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I love these! When I put on my Oil of Olay, I'm going to smile as I think of the "Giving up?" question in "Cream loses its Magic"....priceless!
Smiles,
Jackie